.

This blog chronicles our ride across North America. We began on June 14th in Anacortes, Washington, and rode roughly 3400 miles to Portland, Maine, with breaks, over 37 days.


My name is Evan (26) and my father is Dave (60). This was his crazy idea.We have chosen to raise funds for an organization called the FHSSA, which has a new website here.


A donation page has been set up for our trip, on the National Hospice Foundation website

You all have helped us raise $2300 so far, so a big thanks.

If you want to know why we chose this fund, see THIS POST HERE.

If you want to be emailed updates, you can use the "Follow" gadget (on the right, below), as I won't be doing the weekly mass emails that some have come to expect from me. On the flipside, I'll avoid updating you on every cornfield we pass.




Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bah, I can't keep up with the internet.

If you stumbled to this site because I mass messaged on facebook, welcome, and apologies that I can't write all of my sentences coherently at 1:30 in the morning.

We are in Rochester, NY and I need to wake up in 5 hours to ride again.

Since you last heard from us it was Wisconsin in 2 days, Minnesota in 3, Michigan in 3, Ontario in 2, and now we start day two of New York tomorrow morning. That was 1200 miles, bringing us to 3200 or so. 450 to go.

We shouldn't have promised updates to this thing AND 100 milers.

I have some stuff drafted on my dead phone that I will upload, and a day off at my Great Uncle's on Saturday might allow for some more, even pictures.

We bridge jumped with some kids into the Erie Canal today, which is almost as cool as this guy, 120 years ago on the same path:



We are going to make it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave and Evan,
    I have so enjoyed reading your blogs and imagining all you are seeing. The wolf/dog would have scared me silly. I have family in Luddington and while you were there, they were here ( Spokane ). It cracked me up to read all the junk food Dave was eating.
    Take care, Katie Droter

    ReplyDelete